Full blown You, Custom & Unique
You: Want a little bit more than bare bones. Have a relatively clear vision about what you want. Already have or you’re in the process of getting professional headshots. Are serious about writing and blogging and being online to grow your business. Are ready for what’s next which is a bitchin’ new web presence custom designed in a creative collaborative process with yours truly. Bottom line: you want to rock it, big time!
Me: Designing web presences for businesses (facing both other businesses and consumers for their target markets) and individuals/entrepreneurs since 2000. A full-blown CSS tweaker. No, not a new drug, but CSS and designing are MY drugs… I love getting geeky with your backend and making you fall in love with your new web presence. I have an eye for aesthetics and pleasing you (& your web visitors). De-emphasis on the noise (clean, clear, simple). Focus is on YOU (Can you handle? Are you ready?) I have a real knack for listening to what you say you want and hearing what you really want and coming up with an outta-the-park shot between the two. I’m a Usability specialist which means I’m thinking about the tasks your peeps will have to complete each and every step of the way (is this easy or hard?) and helping you create a design, refine and direct your content in a way that helps you stay on track with your own important web mission.
Here’s the nitty-gritty of your web presencing package:
What happens if you don’t understand what the items on this list mean and what you’re actually getting? YOU get to ask some clarifying questions in our initial chat. I am more than happy to help you understand, but I’m not gonna know you don’t understand it, unless you say so and ask for clarification.
- a fresh installation of the latest versions of WordPress and Thesis
- choice of column layout (2 or 3 columns, or a single-column layout)
- a custom header graphic*, created just for you (can use existing logo)
- custom of colors applied throughout to incorporate your logo or other artwork preferences
- choice of custom font application throughout (I can provide a list of free font resources)
- up to 15 content pages (including your home/blog page and/or navigational child pages)
- 20 beyond essential plug-ins to help your website perform optimally (my six essential plugins for the WordPress Thesis theme plus all of my custom mini-plugin packages: admin/content creation, security, just for blogging, social networking, metrics & tracking, easy video.)
- import existing content from your old blog (not the same as moving an existing web presence. See WordPress Blog Transfer* below.)
- up to 5 product “buy now” buttons on your products & services page or sidebar using Paypal or E-Junkie*
- a contact form for your contact page
- YouTube, Vimeo embedded video
- sharing links at the top/bottom of your posts
- social media icons in sidebar linked to your profiles
- your latest tweets displayed in a widget
- your blog posts automatically updated to your social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- creation of your first Aweber list*
- newsletter opt-in box* (Aweber or Feedburner)
- online calendaring service installed to your sidebar or contact page
24 custom sidebar banners (affiliate product links or your own custom designed product/services banners; standard affiliate banner size is 125 pixels by 125 pixels)
- one personalized email account set up to match your new domain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- set up your Gmail account to receive your new personalized email address (and up to 4 other email accounts) in one place
- installation of Google Analytics so you can measure important metrics about your website traffic, keywords people are using to find you using Search Engines & more
- my best search engine optimization resources and recommendations for your web presence
- custom titles for your pages
- personal guided touring/teaching/showing you your WordPress Administration web panel (login information to access your WordPress blog is emailed to you)
- 6 months of free access to my Video Library
After six months, your Paypal will automatically be billed $29 per quarter for continued access to the Library. You can cancel at any time (there is a video in the library showing you how to cancel your Paypal subscription).
I’ll also create your first full website backup, make sure your website is protected from spam and create your favicon (the little icon in your web browser tab). Plus, I’ll make sure you’ve established some other important online services that to help carry your brand/identity forward when visiting and commenting in your own extended blogging community.
The following items are also available at additional cost depending on your specific wants and needs for that particular item.
- Custom header slider banners (animated banners with rotating images)
- Gallery creation using custom plug-ins such as NextGen Gallery (for carousel, thumbnail & other displays options for your artwork)
- Listing building services (Aweber) customization (custom HTML newsletter templates, custom “Thank You” pages on your blog, or a custom graphics for your website’s opt-in form)
- Community Forum creation using custom plug-ins
- E-junkie set-up (for digital products that require download links that expire and that cannot be forwarded via email to non-paying fans).
Some other important stuff you may like to know
This package takes a minimum of six weeks to turn around so plan on setting aside time in your life & biz to meet by phone weekly. You’ll get a total of six one-hour consultative hours from me to support your process with things like written homework assignments that help you with developing your content, coaching/consulting, or live, online learning via Skype. Plan to allocate up to 10 hours each week to your web presencing project otherwise it will take much longer than 6 weeks.
If you plan on moving your existing web presence from your current hosting service provider to a new hosted account with GoDaddy, transferring a domain name to GoDaddy and then redirecting your old web place to your new web place, there is a WordPress Blog Transfer fee of $99 added to the package.
If you are not already using GoDaddy and will be asking me to do your installation & set-up on your current service provider, there is a fee of $99 added to the package (because it will require extra time/energy/attention for me to figure out how to work with your specific service provider).
All payments are processed via Paypal in three equal payments of $396; a “begin” deposit, a second installment approximately three weeks later, and the final installment upon delivery of your launched website. I am very committed to helping you get your web presence going. If you’d like to discuss an alternative payment plan that fits better with your budget, I am open.
Sound right for you?
Great! The very best way for us to begin is to get on the phone together. Pick a time that works best for you. We’ll chat. We’ll check out resonation, alignment… all that jazz and then decide to have this adventure together. Or not. No hard feelings.
Still got a question? Use the form on my contact page and just ask!