- What if I fail? (telling a new story about a realistic recovery from the failure)
- What if I do nothing? (often more terrifying than contemplating failure & recovery)
- What if I succeed? (pivoting into hope, because we cannot really come alive when we act from fear)
And I was inspired to think about the shifts and changes I’ve created in my life since I started practicing re-orienting myself to my fear.
10 Things I Discovered When I Faced My Fear
- When I faced my deeply held fear that I wasn’t enough, I came out of the closet.
- When I faced my fear that mistakes mean I suck, I found self-approval.
- When I faced my fear that I wasn’t smart enough to do my own thing, I became an entrepreneur.
- When I faced my fear that I’m not supposed to say things that might upset other people, I found my voice.
- When I faced my fear of others disapproval of my choices/decisions, I discovered I could trust myself & that I actually do know what’s best for me.
- When I faced my fear of doing it wrong, I discovered there is no wrong.
- When I faced my fear that shining brightly means I’ll attract something too big for me to handle, I found faith & remembered I am the Light and nothing can change that.
- When I face my fear of pressing publish, I jump off window-ledges.
- When I face my fear that the hurt will never stop, I find friends & lovers holding me.
- When I face my fear that no one really wants what I’m offering (who I am) & decide to show up anyway, I find the perfect RT on Twitter, or email in my inbox, or “I love you” text on my Droid.